Subject: Απ: Public Policies Coordination Office of the Hellenic Ministry of Economy and Finance - EU Public Administration Cooperation Exchange
From: Λάμπρος Κωτσαλάς <[email-masked]>
To: "Solveig Niitra - RAM" <[email-masked]>,Σταυρούλα Λιναρά <[email-masked]>, "Info - RAM" <[email-masked]>, "Press - RAM" <[email-masked]>
Cc: Γραφείο Συντονισμού Δημόσιων Πολιτικών <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2025 07:42:21 +0300

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on välisvõrgust saabunud kirjaga.
Tundmatu saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

Dear Solveig Niitra, good morning.

I hope you are doing well.

Thank you for coming back to us on such a short notice!

Let us please internally discuss the details and other arrangements of this 
exchange internally on our side.

Kindly expect to hear from us in the coming weeks.

Have a lovely day ahead.

Kind regards,
Dr. Lampros Kotsalas

HELLENIC REPUBLIC

Ministry of Economy and Finance

Coordination Directorate

Public Policies Coordination Office

Ch. Trikoupi St., 6-10, GR-106 79, Athens

Tel. : (30) 213-1339 765

E-mail: [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>  , 
[email-masked]

  _____

Από: Solveig Niitra - RAM <[email-masked]>
Στάλθηκε: Δευτέρα, 18 Αυγούστου 2025 11:39 πμ
Προς: Σταυρούλα Λιναρά <[email-masked]>; Info - RAM <[email-masked]>; 
Press - RAM <[email-masked]>
Κοιν.: Λάμπρος Κωτσαλάς <[email-masked]>; Γραφείο Συντονισμού Δημόσιων 
Πολιτικών <[email-masked]>
Θέμα: RE: Public Policies Coordination Office of the Hellenic Ministry of 
Economy and Finance - EU Public Administration Cooperation Exchange

Mõnedele selle sõnumi saanud inimestele ei saadeta aadressilt 
[email-masked] meilisõnumeid. 
<https://aka.ms/LearnAboutSenderIdentification> Lugege täpsemat teavet selle 
kohta, miks see on oluline

Hello,

Thank you for the specifications and apologies for the late reply! We now 
have the approval of the responsible teams within our ministry to host you 
in October or November. We are working to put together a program best suited 
for your interests internally. As soon as I have the list of people, who 
will be directly responsible for hosting your delegation, I will let you 
know so you can work out the further details. In the meantime, please do let 
us know if you have any questions or concerns regarding this visit.

Best regards,

	Solveig Niitra
Advisor | Communications Department
 [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>  | +372 5878 8419
Estonian Ministry of Finance| Suur-Ameerika 1, 10122 Tallinn | www.fin.ee 
<https://www.fin.ee/>

  _____

This e-mail may contain information which is classified for official use.

From: Σταυρούλα Λιναρά <[email-masked]>
Sent: Wednesday, July 16, 2025 12:48 PM
To: Solveig Niitra - RAM <[email-masked]>; Info - RAM <[email-masked]>; 
Press - RAM <[email-masked]>
Cc: Λάμπρος Κωτσαλάς <[email-masked]>; Γραφείο Συντονισμού Δημόσιων 
Πολιτικών <[email-masked]>
Subject: RE: Public Policies Coordination Office of the Hellenic Ministry of 
Economy and Finance - EU Public Administration Cooperation Exchange

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on välisvõrgust saabunud kirjaga.
Tundmatu saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

Dear Solveig Niitra,

Public Policies Coordination Office, as a part of the Coordination 
Directorate of the Ministry of National Economy and Finance, aims to 
effectively support the Ministry's role, coordinate its services for the 
development and monitoring of the Annual Action Plan, achieve government 
objectives, and design and promote innovations in public policies.

In line with the TSI 2024 Flagship - PACE, Public Administration Cooperation 
Exchange guidelines of the relevant website of the European Commission, our 
Office is interested in participating in the knowledge transfer and best 
practices exchange, in a hands-on learning experience, regarding: the 
improvement of the evidence-based design, implementation, monitoring, and 
evaluation process of economy and finance-related public policies (e.g., 
economic, fiscal, tax, and public investment policies), with a focus on 
supporting political and administrative leadership, through quantitative and 
qualitative data, and analyzing policy choices, parameters, constraints, 
risks, and consequences.

Our main domestic issue relates to our mandate to support the political and 
administrative leadership of the Ministry with documented quantitative and 
qualitative data during the design, implementation, monitoring, and 
evaluation of public policies, and to analyze the options, parameters, 
constraints, risks, and consequences of implemented public policies.

Our office conducted a search for counterpart public services across EU 
member states, utilizing AI tools as well. Estonia stood out as a 
particularly promising case.

Considering the above, it would be great if the Estonian Ministry of Finance 
could provide us with the following:

*	A dedicated team / unit that will introduce us to at least one of your 
country’s best practices in the design, implementation, monitoring, and 
evaluation of an economy or finance-related public policies (given the 
duration of our visit and your availability).
*	We are particularly interested in the implementation of the stages you 
follow of the known as “public policy cycle”, especially concerning design, 
implementation, monitoring, and evaluation. We would like you to present us 
the stages you follow in developing and implementing public policies, such 
as the agenda setting, the policy formulation, the decision making, the 
implementation, the monitoring, and the policy evaluation. Furthermore, we 
would like to participate in learning through hands-on interaction with peer 
analysts, in working-level discussions, observing internal procedures and 
understanding institutional workflows. It would also be useful to 
concurrently acquire practical knowledge through targeted relevant case 
studies, particularly in the context of analyzing policy choices, 
parameters, constraints, risks, and consequences. That would be for 3 to 4 
working days.  If feasible, this could include participation in internal 
meetings, policy briefings, or technical workshops that would allow us to 
observe how evidence is integrated into decision-making and how 
interdepartmental cooperation is structured.
*	Aside from the public policies team, it would be also nice to have the 
opportunity to learn from any forecast and foresight team / unit that you 
might have, supporting some of your public policy cases.
*	Additionally, if possible, we would appreciate the opportunity to dedicate 
one working day to a short presentation and discussion session focused on 
how the knowledge and practices exchanged during this secondment could 
support the ongoing efforts of the Hellenic Ministry of National Economy and 
Finance in integrating evidence-based analysis into the Strategic and annual 
planning and national Performance Budgeting process.
*	We would be happy to briefly present our current approach, including 
relevant pilot initiatives and action plans under development, and engage in 
discussion on comparable Estonian experiences.
*	The aim of this session would be to better understand how policy 
evaluation and forecasting tools can be systematically linked with planning 
(fiscal, tax etc) priority setting and Performance Budgeting process within 
the Ministry.

Overall, our secondment cannot exceed the period of 5 working days. 
Preferred month for the secondment would be September or October 2025.

Lastly, kindly note that final matching between countries (and 
organizations) will be decided by the SG REFORM of the European Commission, 
should the PACE request of the applicant country (in this case, Greece) is 
accepted. This correspondence will assist the European Commission when the 
time comes for the matching process.

Please let us know if you need us to elaborate further on the matter.

Best regards,

Stavroula Linara

HELLENIC REPUBLIC

Ministry of National Economy and Finance

Head of Coordination Directorate

Ch. Trikoupi St., 6-10, GR-106 79, Athens

Tel. : (30) 213-1339 800  E-mail: [email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]>

From: Solveig Niitra - RAM <[email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]> >
Sent: Monday, July 14, 2025 11:59 AM
To: Λάμπρος Κωτσαλάς <[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> >; 
Info - RAM <[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> >; Press - RAM <[email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]> >
Cc: Σταυρούλα Λιναρά <[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> >
Subject: RE: Public Policies Coordination Office of the Hellenic Ministry of 
Economy and Finance - EU Public Administration Cooperation Exchange

Δεν λαμβάνετε συχνά μηνύματα ηλεκτρονικού ταχυδρομείου από 
[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> . 
<https://aka.ms/LearnAboutSenderIdentification> Μάθετε γιατί αυτό είναι 
σημαντικό

Hello,

Could you please elaborate on what is expected from the Estonian Ministry of 
Finance in terms of this cooperation? The more information we have, the more 
we can collaborate between our internal teams in putting together a response 
and plan best suited for your interests.

Best regards,

	Solveig Niitra
nõunik | Kommunikatsiooniosakond
  <mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked] | +372 5878 8419
Rahandusministeerium | Suur-Ameerika 1, 10122 Tallinn | 
<https://www.fin.ee/> www.fin.ee

  _____

Käesolev e-kiri võib sisaldada asutusesiseseks kasutamiseks tunnistatud 
teavet.
This e-mail may contain information which is classified for official use.

From: Λάμπρος Κωτσαλάς <[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> >
Sent: Friday, July 11, 2025 6:38 PM
To: Solveig Niitra - RAM <[email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]> >; Info - RAM <[email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]> >; Press - RAM <[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> >
Cc: Σταυρούλα Λιναρά <[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> >
Subject: Απ: Public Policies Coordination Office of the Hellenic Ministry of 
Economy and Finance - EU Public Administration Cooperation Exchange

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on välisvõrgust saabunud kirjaga.
Tundmatu saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

Dear Solveig Niitra,

Thank you for your swift response!

Have a nice day ahead.

Kind regards,

Dr. Lampros Kotsalas

HELLENIC REPUBLIC

Ministry of Economy and Finance

Coordination Directorate

Public Policies Coordination Office

Ch. Trikoupi St., 6-10, GR-106 79, Athens

Tel. : (30) 213-1339 765

E-mail:  <mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked]

  _____

Από: Solveig Niitra - RAM < <mailto:[email-masked]> 
[email-masked]>
Στάλθηκε: Παρασκευή, 11 Ιουλίου 2025 4:20 μμ
Προς: Λάμπρος Κωτσαλάς < <mailto:[email-masked]> 
[email-masked]>; Info - RAM < <mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked]>; 
Press - RAM < <mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked]>
Κοιν.: Σταυρούλα Λιναρά < <mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked]>
Θέμα: RE: Public Policies Coordination Office of the Hellenic Ministry of 
Economy and Finance - EU Public Administration Cooperation Exchange

Δεν λαμβάνετε συχνά μηνύματα ηλεκτρονικού ταχυδρομείου από 
<mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked]. 
<https://aka.ms/LearnAboutSenderIdentification> Μάθετε γιατί αυτό είναι 
σημαντικό

Hello,

Thank you for showing interest in cooperation with the Estonian Ministry of 
Finance! We have forwarded this proposal to the relevant people and will let 
you know as soon as we have more information.

Best regards,

	Solveig Niitra
nõunik | Kommunikatsiooniosakond
  <mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked]
Rahandusministeerium | Suur-Ameerika 1, 10122 Tallinn | 
<https://www.fin.ee/> www.fin.ee

  _____

Käesolev e-kiri võib sisaldada asutusesiseseks kasutamiseks tunnistatud 
teavet.
This e-mail may contain information which is classified for official use.

From:  <mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked] < 
<mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked]> On Behalf Of 
Λάμπρος Κωτσαλάς
Sent: Thursday, July 10, 2025 9:42 AM
To: Info - RAM < <mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked]>; Press - RAM < 
<mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked]>
Cc: Σταυρούλα Λιναρά < <mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked]>
Subject: [press] Public Policies Coordination Office of the Hellenic 
Ministry of Economy and Finance - EU Public Administration Cooperation 
Exchange

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on välisvõrgust saabunud kirjaga.
Tundmatu saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

Dear Sir / Madam,

I am writing on behalf of the Public Policies Coordination Office of the 
Hellenic Ministry of Economy and Finance concerning the PACE – Public 
Administration Cooperation Exchange initiative (a Flagship Technical Support 
Project facilitated by the European Commission).

This is to let you know that we propose to submit a PACE official request 
under the role of “sending institution”, focusing on the amelioration of 
both the design and evaluation of our current Economy and Finance public 
policies scheme.

The main idea is that we would like to conduct Economy and Finance-related 
public policies in a structured, strictly technocrat way.

In return, we believe that we are in position to provide some expertise in 
digital infrastructure supporting policymaking.

Could you tell us if the above is of interest to you?

If yes, could you please indicate us where we can specifically re-direct the 
proposal in question within your organization? (e.g., a dedicated economy 
and finance-related public policies unit / office / Dept.)

I look forward to hearing from you.

I thank you for your attention.

Yours faithfully,

Dr. Lampros Kotsalas

Certified Public Policies Analyst

HELLENIC REPUBLIC

Ministry of Economy and Finance

Coordination Directorate

Public Policies Coordination Office

Ch. Trikoupi St., 6-10, GR-106 79, Athens

Tel. : (30) 213-1339 765

E-mail:  <mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked]